In the exhibition »Neue Fülle« (after Regers Lied Neue Fülle op. 104 Nr. 1 on a text by Stefan Zweigs) a significant acquisition is shown to the public. It has been included into the collection in 2014 generously supported by the Cultural Foundation of the Federal States, the Land of Baden-Württemberg, the the Wüstenrot Foundation and many private sponsors; it includes early Lieder (op. 4, 8, 12, 14 and 15), the first works for choir by the composer (op. 6) as well as several piano pieces. Restoration work precedes the exhibition, since the manuscripts stored in a publisher's archive and are in a non-optimal conservation status.
The presentation of the new acquisition is supplemented by further material from the rich holdings of the Max-Reger-Institute, that present Regers vocal works: in addition to fair copies, drafts and first prints of the Lieder, photos, poetry collections, letters and other documents illustrate Regers close contact to many contemporary poets who often already provided their texts before publication.
Different side events supplement the exhibition.
- September 10, 6.00 PM: openig with concert of the award winner of the competition
- Guided tours to exhibition: September 14 4.00 PM, September 26 11.00 AM, October 26 5.00 PM
- October 1, 7.00 PM concert Busch Kollegium Karlsruhe
- October 8, 7.00 PM lecture Dr. Jürgen Schaarwächter: »Aus dem Plattenschrank«
- Podcast about the acquisition
- Stefan König: Neue Schätze: Erwerb von 15 Manuskripten aus dem Schott-Archiv, in: KULTUR lebendig, 01/2015, ed. by Arbeitskreis selbstständiger Kultur-Institute, e.V., online-publication.